Monday, July 27, 2009

Batter Up!

It looks like I'm not off to a very auspicious start, but tomorrow is a new day, and I've got a new attitude. Seems I published my original post on July 21, and here it is the 27th at 10:25 pm. Where does the time go? But I digress...

I FINALLY weighed myself on my daughter's scale (I haven't owned a scale for years...prefer to go by clothes size). According to her scale, I weigh in at 155 lbs. That may not sound like much to you, but I'm only 5'4.5". I've gone from a loose size 8 (some 6's), to a very tight 10 (meaning it shoud be a 12), and still going.

But I've got hope. In fact, I'm really, really excited. That's what got me back on here tonight. I've got a doctor's appointment tomorrow to get started on a weight loss program. My niece has been on it for about 2 1/2 months, and she's lost 40 lbs already!! That's right, 40 lbs in a little over 2 months!!!

I can't weight to get started. I have to go in to be weighed, measured, bmi computed, and some tests done (blood, heart monitoring, etc.) before they'll start me on the program. It's my understanding that they give you a prescription for some kind of diet aid that's supposed to suppress your appetite and increase your metabolism, along with some really good vitamins. My niece says she's never hungry, and when she does eat, she feels full really fast.

I plan to exercise and try to eat healthy while I'm doing this program. I want to make healthy living (eating good foods in smaller amounts and exercising) a habit, just like my unhealthy lifestyle has become a terrible, hard-to-break habit. I can't stay on diet pills forever, but maybe I can train my mind and body to live healthy while I'm on them. That's my plan, anyway.

Just to make it perfectly clear, this program in NOT a home business or affiliate program or anything else that I will make money from. The clinic is called "Physician's Weight Control and Wellness Centers" and I'm going to the one in Waco, TX. I'm going to try it because my niece is a walking testimony for this place, and I believe it will give me the help I need to accomplish my weight loss goals.

I want to keep you posted on my progress, starting with the numbers I get from the visit tomorrow. I don't expect quite as rapid results as my niece because she is 19 and I'll be 45 in a few days. But I do expect amazing results, and I'm so excited right now that I can hardly wait to start!

I also want to tell you that I have tried way too many of the over-the-counter and internet advertised weight loss supplements out there, with little to no results, and definitely no lasting results. I've used lots of green tea supplements, several acai supplements and cleanses, Slim Seduction, Quick Slim, Hydroxy Cut, hoodia gordonii supplements, Stacker, and many more I can't even remember the names of. It's kinda scary to think about, and definitely sad and desperate.

But that's about to change. No fads here. Doctor monitored and controlled. I'll go in once a month for blood tests and to check my progress and I don't know what other tests yet. Like I said, I'll keep you posted, and if it works for me, maybe you can find a similar place near you to try for yourself.

Anyway, wish me luck. I'm determined to get back into my closet full of clothes before Thanksgiving. I haven't felt this positive about my chances in over 2 years, and it feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage you to share whatever you're going through right now, or what this post means to you. You never know who you may help, or how it might help you. Thanks!